[simpits-tech] Someone should buy this

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Wed Nov 27 18:42:14 PST 2013

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 06:36:43 -0800 (PST)
geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Matt Bailey wrote:
>
> > I've seen this posted a couple times, he keeps lowering the price...
> >
> > http://www.ebay.com/itm/251388894006
> >

> The instrument panel damage looks pretty severe - like it was
> literally torn out.  That being said, the bones look good and it's
> worth grabbing at that price.
>
> If someone on this list gets it, let me know. I've got CD full of
> Bonanza maintenance & part manuals.
>
> g.

Yep, the seller says as much about the instrument panel. If I were
getting it, it wouldn't matter, because I don't like the original
series panels anyway. I would gut what's left of the instrument panel,
and acquire later panels (or make replicas). I like the 60s panels OK,
and the ones up until the latest (not crazy about the new design). The
example pic I posted is from a 1960s model, I think it was the design
they went with after the first series.

I actually contacted the seller to find out about the yoke
situation...it's gone. You can get swing-over yokes from newer models
pretty easily on the 'bay, but they are typically upwards of $1,000.

I looked it up and this particular Bonanza is a 1948 model...so yeah,
one of the oldest.

Matt