[simpits-tech] Who is using a Centipede shield to drive their LED's ?

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Sat Nov 23 13:12:35 PST 2013

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 11:01:07 -0800 (PST)
geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Nov 2013, Matt Bailey wrote:
>
> > I guess the next thing I will need to work on is a massive PWM
> > board. I plan on interfacing all the D'Arsonval-based gauges in the
> > cockpit, and I need 2 PWM outputs for each air core instrument I
> > end up doing. Then there is the synchro issue....if I figure out
> > how to directly control synchros with the Arduino, I will probably
> > need a lot more PWM channels!
> >
> Mike Powell came up with a great digital to synchro converter for
> this purpose.  I don't recall which book it's in though.

Really...it must be the newer one. I have his first book and I don't
recall seeing much about synchros. Now that I have my first sim under
my belt, it might be a good idea for me to revisit at any rate....lots
of good stuff in there, much of which I did not understand the first
time I read it. :)

Matt