[simpits-tech] castAR cockpit demo...

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Nov 14 10:06:53 PST 2013

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013, Alan D. Mazurka wrote:

> Hi, Gene.
>
> i can relate to your enthusiasm for this product. it's very difficult
> for the average person to understand. so many people just don't.

Fortunately, THIS crowd isn't "most people". :D

> sub-millimeter position sensing (including translation)? ability to
> wear glasses? each viewer getting a different perspective of the
> runway from their seat?? and (of course) the ability to see & touch
> your controls.

With the $900K stretch goal, they're adding a full IMU to the glasses so
even if you lose sight of the IR tracking target, you won't lose tracking.
THat's just cooler than hell. :)

> it's gonna be a bear to get all those Oculus developers to include
> this in their product support. Oculus has such a grip on the
> developer market just this second.

I suspect that once the developer models hit in April, people are going to
lose their minds over it.  I'm going to be adding FlightGear support ASAP
and that will bring a lot of people out of the woodwork.  They'll also be
demoed at FSWeekend next year as one of the FlightGear developers has a
set on order for the Sept. 2014 batch.

> kill to see one of these up-close and personal.

Stop by my place in April. :D