[simpits-tech] New board, interesting

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 20:28:46 PDT 2013

On 10/29/2013 8:44 PM, geneb wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, dabigboy at cox.net wrote:
>
>> http://www.mouser.com/new/Intel/intel-galileo-development-board/?cm_sp=homepage-_-newproducts-_-
>>
>> This looks quite interesting for us Arduino folks.
> I actually kind of like the Arduino Due.  It's a very nice ARM based
> board.
>
> The cool thing is that the choices for this kind of thing has exploded in
> the last 5-7 years.  When Rob & I started down the flight sim cockpit path
> in 1996, the _only_ off the shelf product was the EPIC ISA board.
>
> g.

WAOH There G!! Did you say "ARM" nope, not even close! "*/Galileo is a
microcontroller board based on the Intel® Quark SoC X1000 Application
Processor, a 32-bit Intel Pentium-class system on a chip (datasheet).
It's the first board based on Intel® architecture designed to be
hardware and software pin-compatible with Arduino shields designed for
the Uno R3/*."

Cris H.
http://www.element14.com/community/people/phoenixcomm/blog