[simpits-tech] ATC-710

Sean Galbraith Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com
Sat May 25 00:01:21 PDT 2013

I just got given an ATC-710 simulator, apparently it's fully
operational, complete with instructor console and plotter.....

Anyone have any experience with the things?  I've flown an ATC-810
(that's the twin engine version) and it was pretty cool, but I have
never even seen a 710 working!

I've just joined an owners groups email list... and been looking for
manuals etc.

Biggest problem I have is that it's in Miami (where we just installed
one of our sims), and I'm not... it's a bit big to come home with me as
luggage!

The logistics problem will solve itself, now it's just working out what
I should do with it;  use it as is (because it's cool), try to interface
to it in some way and inject it's position into FS9/X-Plane/Flightgear
etc, or gut it completely and interface all the bits and pieces
myself....

SeanG