[simpits-tech] Want a laugh?

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed May 22 14:22:41 PDT 2013

On Wed, 22 May 2013, David C. Allen wrote:

> At 01:39 PM 5/22/2013 -0700, you wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 May 2013, David C. Allen wrote:
>>
>>> So Gene is this your second 3D printer?
>>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> It's a disease.  They're following me!
>>
>> g.
>
> So why 2, and if they are following you swing by my house and I will bag one!

Well the 2nd one (the TAZ) I got in exchange for doing tutorial work -
there's more videos coming.

Parts for #3 may show up today - more Rostock MAX stuff, and a fourth (a
different model cartesian machine) may be here by the end of summer.  That
one I'm getting in order to write the assembly manual for.

If you're bored, you can read the current draft of the 2nd edition of the
Rostock MAX assembly manual here:
http://www.geneb.org/rostock-max/Rostock-MAX-Assembly-Guide.pdf

If you want a pre-built machine that will arrive tested and calibrated, I
can't recommend the Lulzbot TAZ enough.  They're built in Loveland,
Colorado.  All the parts are printed there and they're also assembled
there.