[simpits-tech] Small VGA Screens ?

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Mar 25 06:25:00 PDT 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Roy Coates wrote:

> Thanks to all, time for some googling/ebaying.
>
> You see loads of dinky wee screens for showing movies in cars and the
> resolution is really good, but they all have composite input. You can buy
> vga->composite converters but I've been a bit leery of these, suspecting
> that the output will be less than spectacular.
>
> Anyone got any experience of these?

You could view this as an interesting opportunity.  It just so happens
that the Raspberry Pi has a composite output and you can buy two of them
for what a good vga->composite converter box would cost you...

The composite signal quality on the RPi is VERY good.  I was quite
surprised when I saw it connected to a 32" LCD TV.

It also supports OpenGL.