[simpits-tech] Tapping with a CNC

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Mar 19 09:01:57 PDT 2013

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013, wledzian1 at comcast.net wrote:

> Maybe this will point you in the right direction...
> http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13339
>
> Although I don't know what you'd need to do to get the tool to move away
> from the threads before it retracts.

The ramping feature is strictly for pocketing operations.  It's primary
purpose is to allow you to introduce the tool to the material sideways
instead of a straight plunge move.  Some tools don't have a cutting edge
at the center and require a ramp cut into the material.

I doubt Aspire (basically VCarve Pro + 3D sculpt) can create the kind of
toolpath required for threading.