[simpits-tech] Weekly(?) project update!

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Mar 18 13:54:57 PDT 2013

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013, Sean Galbraith wrote:

> Good to see you making good use of your new toy ;-)

Yeah.  It's taken a couple of months to reach this point, but it's worth
it.

It's amazing to be able to go from "I need!" to "I have!" in a matter of
hours.

I've got a design done for doing Warthog/Cougar stick extenders that I've
printed in ABS.  Cutting an M36x2 thread in a solid model isn't easy when
you've never done it before.  The result is outstanding though.  When I
get a layer fan, I'm going to try it in PLA - it doesn't have the shrink
issue the ABS has at times.

As a general question - is there a bit made that a CNC machine can use to
cut threads with?  I'm looking for something that would cut threads by
following a down-spiral toolpath...