[simpits-tech] X-Plane 10 beauty

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Fri Jun 14 17:34:01 PDT 2013

Now that my sim is fully migrated to XP10, I have been taking some scenic flights to enjoy the new graphics. Justin and I took it up around the Grand Canyon literally the day after I got XP10 working......we were both pleasantly surprised at XP10's progress! We even found the bridge that runs in front of the Hoover Dam....complete with traffic moving across it. :) I had also taken the time to locate and install a custom Hoover Dam object, so the area REALLY looked good! One thing that struck me is the new, more refined/detailed look of scenery close to the ground. It gives an impressive sensation of speed...I can only imagine how it would be on a bigger, wrap-around projection system.

Thought I would share some pics around low clouds in the mountains of Canada:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfamatt/9038878450/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfamatt/9038878586/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfamatt/9038878698/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfamatt/9038878888/