[simpits-tech] Help, I'm broke!

wledzian1 at comcast.net wledzian1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 23 21:56:36 PDT 2013

I used a Max7219. Great little chip for driving up to 8 7-segment displays at a time, and fully daisy-chainable. There's nothing special about the 'circuit', it's more of a display-specific breakout board. The annoying bit for me is that each display package seems to have its own unique pinout - there's no real standard. I have a feeling I'll be respinning that board to split the outputs into rows and columns, along with a few sub-boards to individually break that out for various packages.

-Wayne