[simpits-tech] 737-200 update

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Wed Feb 27 20:57:28 PST 2013

Is there a way with FSUIPC to override the commanded pitch trim setting coming from the autopilot (so that the autopilot does not actually adjust trim)? If so, you could intercept it with a plugin (or possibly an SIOC script) and read it, then run the trim motor until elevator trim is really close to that position. Oh the coolness that would be! :)

Matt

---- Justin Messenger <jjmessenger at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here is a test I made today of the 737 flight director lights operating on FSX via SIOC script and FSUIPC offsets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCW0FrGmjMo&feature=youtu.be

Ive come to realize a couple differences between the -200 VS the NG. The first is no autothrottle. When the 737 got autothrottle it really change 737 flight procedures. The -200 has an independent Flight Director that could be placed in multiple manual modes seperately from the auto pilot via an independant panel on the glareshield for hands on flying.  FSX/FSUIPC offsets and PM offsets do not model the independant FD so I have to run the FD VOR and glideslope lights on the AP offsets. The big Flight Director mode that Im missing is the go around mode.

Has anyone here put together a 737 motorized AP pitch trim system? I have a pitch trim motor that operates via two solenoids whenever the yoke trim buttons are depressed. I would love to find a way to use SIOC and the USB outputs card to trigger the solenoids via the autopilot but do not see FSUIPC offsets that I can use in SIOC for this function. Any suggestions?

Justi