[simpits-tech] More widescreen video

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Feb 25 10:07:02 PST 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013, Justin Messenger wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpNUe7G1ACI&feature=youtu.be
>
> My right projector bulb seems to be going bad, its very dark. Darn used
> projector purchase!

See, you should have talked to Brad first.  He pointed me at a great set
of "refurbs". :)

> I included footage of the ADI before it died in pitch. So far no luck in
> getting a (working) replacement so Im back to using my simkits horizon
> :( I have a dead ADI that Im tempted to try I direct mechanical
> converion to pitch and roll.

Have you checked to see if the synchros are still operating?

> Im really considering setting up an overhead view. Just as soon as I
> strike it rich :) Sims consume money like a high maintenence woman.

Women are cheaper. :)

> The landing at the end was interesting, trying to fly and run the
> throttles with the left while pointing the camcorder with my right. The
> footage is proof I can control the stick with my left hand. And on the
> first shot no less!
\o/

Now that I _finally_ have a working furnace in the shop, I can get my butt
back to work.  Rob has done an awesome job in cleaning up the cut edges on
the new canopy.  I've got about a half hour of sanding to go on the
replacement skin to get it to final shape, and I'll be able to get that
drilled & installed back on the canopy.  That just reminded me to order
the #10-32 nuts needed for the bottom row on the trim I'm replacing. :)