[simpits-tech] Expanded visual system test

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Sun Feb 17 15:15:47 PST 2013

Very nice! I love how you can see the scenery reflecting off the cockpit exterior. :) I definitely gotta jump back in for some flight time in May!

Man that Grand Canyon looks like fun flying!!!! I think we'd be fine to fly together in the GC, I suspect XP and MSFS are close enough that an occasional flight-through-terrain by other aircraft would be tolerable. :) I'm sure they're based off similar GIS data, if not the same. We'll have to give it a shot with PE soon....I can always tweak the GC scenery in XP if there is a huge disparity.

I think once I get my short-throws I will experiment with a similar setup for the time being, until I get the screen warping plugin squared away and make my cylindrical screen. Are those side screens at 90* to the main, or are they canted out a little?

Matt

---- Justin Messenger <jjmessenger at yahoo.com> wrote:

 I added two projectors. the camera is above and behind the sim so the perspective looks different than in the cockpit. Keep in mind the side screens are actually the same size as the center screen.

Its not perfect, but its a heck of a lot better than flying with just the center screen. The g suit and screens make a good combination.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP0vepDFJ7w&feature=youtu.be