[simpits-tech] Expanded visual system test

Sean Galbraith Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com
Sun Feb 17 14:25:37 PST 2013

>> The idea of a "projection cave" is good, and I'd love to do it as
>> well, but I'm limited as to space :( I *hope* to score another
>> projector from a sim upgrade I'm doing in the next couple of months,
>> which will mean I can do a similar projection setup to Justin's.  But

>> even that will mean the sim room needs to get wider by a "little bit"

>> (which is the description that I have used when explaining it to my
new wife...).
>> What the dimensions will have to be to make it work I am actually not

>> entirely sure....
>
>Have you considered using short throw projectors and first surface fold
mirrors?  You could use that trick to virtually double the
>distance from the projector to the screen.  This is how Wayne & I did
it on the collimated display.  However, the take-off angle was
>shallow enough that we were able to use standard mirrors.

I am using a nice viewsonic short-throw projector now, nice and bright
at 2700 lumens which means it is mounted almost directly over your head
when you're sitting in the pit.  Problem is; the room is very narrow
right now, so it'll have to get wider :)  Using the folded mirrors might
work, but I'll have to experiment.

SeanG