[simpits-tech] Expanded visual system test

Sean Galbraith Sean.Galbraith at pacificsimulators.com
Sun Feb 17 14:10:37 PST 2013

>>  I added two projectors. the camera is above and behind the sim so the
>> perspective looks different than in the cockpit. Keep in mind the side
>> screens are actually the same size as the center screen.
>>
>> Its not perfect, but its a heck of a lot better than flying with just
>> the center screen. The g suit and screens make a good combination.
>>
>*drools over operating canopy*
>
>You should check out this thread:
>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90731&highlight=the+cube

I agree on the canopy... <envious!>

The idea of a "projection cave" is good, and I'd love to do it as well, but I'm limited as to space :(  I *hope* to score another projector from a sim upgrade I'm doing in the next couple of months, which will mean I can do a similar projection setup to Justin's.  But even that will mean the sim room needs to get wider by a "little bit" (which is the description that I have used when explaining it to my new wife...).  What the dimensions will have to be to make it work I am actually not entirely sure....

SeanG