[simpits-tech] Real VOR indicator

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 20:08:50 PST 2013

>That was a great read.... but I am now pretty sure that Matt knows more
>about VOR signals than is actually healthy ;-)
>
>Fantastic work, and it is now quite obvious that I need to do a
>sim-seeing tour over your side of the pond sooner rather than later!
>
>SeanG

 Sean,
You should come for Cockpit-Fest this May 3rd, 4th, and 5th! Matt's will not only be there showing off his sim and nifty VOR indicator, his sim will be networked to my F-4 sim and a 737 sim via Pilot Edge ATC.  Matt and I have been working on interfacing transponders to make it all possible. He's also looking at installing an X-planes F-111 flight model so he can cruise with my F-4. We have general aviation headsets in all the sims so that makes for nice communications between the sims.

In case any of you missed the details, Cockpit-Fest USA 2013 is being sponsored by Spirit AreoSystems who manufactures the entire 737 fuselage and also the Dreamliner cockpits for Boeing. In addition to the special  737 exhibit being displayed inside the museum's 737, Spirit is considering bringing a brand new 737 fuselage from the factory to place on display.

AVSIM is also holding their Fancon in conjunction with Cockpit-Fest and we already have software vendors signed up to attend from as far away as Poland. We are having to add major internet capacity to the museum facility to meet all of the vendor internet demand. VATSIM is going to have a 15 person team provide ATC from 10 computers set up in the Fuselage of the museum's KC-135 tanker.

The Viperpits guys will be back and some will be judges this year.

No matter if you bring a cockpit or just come to visit, its going to be a great event.

Info and registration is available at
http://www.kansasaviationmuseum.org/cockpitfest.php

AND

http://forum.avsim.net/page/FANCON%202013/index.html

General Public Activities:• Open 10AM – 5PM Saturday and Sunday.
• The Spirit AeroSystems 737 exhibit, celebrating over 10,000 aircraft ordered.
• The AVSIM Fancon, with simulation software vendors from around the world.
• Multiple aircraft simulators available to the public for flight.
• The new Boeing Kids Aerospace Education and Simulator Center.
• Helicopter Rides.
• The Wichita Aircraft Manufacturing Tribute, featuring group aircraft flybys.
• Wright R-3350 Duplex Cyclone engine start, from the B-29 Superfortress “Doc”.
• Museum Aircraft open to the public.
• See the VATSIM virtual air traffic controllers in action.
• Food provided by Papa Johns.
• RC model airplane display.
• Public prize giveaways.
Special Exhibitor Activities• Free Cockpit Exhibitor registration.
• Complimentary Friday night Cockpit-Fest USA / AVSIM exhibitor dinner with special night time tour of museum aircraft and the terminal control Tower.
• Saturday awards ceremony with exhibitor prizes.
• Sunday morning social at Stearman Airport.
• Hosted at the Kansas Aviation Museum situated adjacent to McConnell AFB.
• Located next to Spirit AeroSystems where all 737 fuselages and Dreamliner cockpits are manufactured.

http://www.simadventure.com/