[simpits-tech] Collimated Display

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Tue Dec 31 18:54:11 PST 2013

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:35:17 -0800 (PST)
geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Dec 2013, Matt Bailey wrote:
>
> > Really...I have not seen such a system! Well that would look
> > considerably better than the direct projection system, spherical
> > fiberglass dome not withstanding. :)
> >
> Something similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMr5BUjh8xc
>
> g.

That's funny, this is really just a highly refined version of what home
flight simmers have done for years with a monitor and a Fresnel in
front of it. I'm sure with that many panels and the correct geometry to
keep them all aligned properly, it looks quite impressive.

Sorta like the older collimation systems at Flight Safety (the older
Vital systems), but without the beam splitter.

Matt