[simpits-tech] f-4 Cockpit on Ebay

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Tue Dec 31 05:24:15 PST 2013

On 31 December 2013 05:03, geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Dec 2013, Roy Coates wrote:
>
> What on earth is a "black bunny" F-4?

Google is your fiend dear Sir.   I think it was a naval test squadron that
had all their F4's painted black, with a hefner style bunny on the tail.

> > Phantom stuff is uber-rare here in the UK too.
> >
> Swing by Germany.  I suspect there's a TON laying around there. :)

Don't know about Germany but the agreement we had with the US was that all
Phantom's would be destroyed after use. Video footage proving each
airframes destruction was required.  I know a guy whose company crushed and
dismembered many F-4's - it made him cry.

A few slipped the net but usually only as parts.  Funnily enough, a
complete airframe came up for auction about 2 months ago. I believe the
cockpit was stripped and both engines were missing. It sold for $32,000 at
auction.

Roy.