[simpits-tech] f-4 Cockpit on Ebay

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 16:15:38 PST 2013

Ive seen that sim in person. The owner is a nice guy and his wife will charm the socks right off of you. We picked up a different sim from him a few years back. Sadly, he ditched the front of the F-4 sim, including rudder pedals, so he could place a TV monitor in the front of the sim to play games. I was in shock.

It is not at all restored. Its modified. He did give the outside a nice paint job. It looks like he took the radar stick from the rear pit and placed it in the front pit.  Those are real MK7 seats with odd cushions he had custom made. The parachute containers are cut up.

Parted out, Id say the sim is worth the 8k price. It has most of the side panels and has two martin baker seats.

It is one of the Navy  Phantom sims that used to be at Aviation Challenge. There are a few other F-4 sims from that group of sims, one is in a biker bar, Joe owns one and here is video of his and mine networked together at a Civile Air Patrol event. http://www.youtube.com/watch?vøNO9QLNSB4  We had the skin off to work on the sim.

More footage of them together is at the end of this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TOI5JbTlyI

Justin