[simpits-tech] Aircraft power question

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Sat Dec 28 18:39:46 PST 2013

Even on relatively small aircraft there is an amazing amount of power
available.  Big fat hairy Amps that you probably don't want in a sim.  If I
recall correctly, each of the alternators on our J41 can deliver something
like 750A continuous.  With this amount of power available, just about
everything on board is high power. Even the cabin lighting.  I've dumped it
all in favour of LED's where possible.

I suspect you are correct in assuming that the bus control is elsewhere and
in your shoes I would certainly be re-wiring the pit rather than trying to
make sense of the existing (yet butchered) loom.

Even with the wiring diagrams, aircraft are an absolute bitch to trace.

Roy.