[simpits-tech] ARINC 429 over ethernet

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Wed Apr 24 22:37:10 PDT 2013

Hey guys, not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, check it out:

http://www.v1avionics.com/

The little box they are developing will allow us to communicate with ARINC 429 hardware. 429 is used for altimeters, HSIs, radios, GPSs, glass displays........imagine the possibilities! This looks like a game-changer, for my simulator at least. I am working on driving synchros (for a nice mechanical HSI, to start with), but this unit would allow me to use newer hardware without even opening up the equipment. Imagine a fully functional "steam" HSI with no mods!

The only disappointing thing is that I didn't figure it out. :P Actually I am in the midst of trying to read ARINC 429 with an Arduino. I think I will eventually get it, but for practical purposes I will probably go with the system that V1 is developing.

Matt