[simpits-tech] Driving a 28vdc fuel indicator

Joseph Fagner crease-guard at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 7 19:00:59 PDT 2013

Most of these things are 400Hz gauges since they are used in aircraft.  I
suspect you need 28v 400Hz.  Then you have to generate a signal and that has to
be calibrated along with feedback to know the needles position. Without the
schematic, you will need to pull everything apart and trace out the wires and
parts.  If you are going to do that, you're better off gutting it and going with
an aircore.  Or, you keep the motor and drive it with custom electronics.

Jay