[simpits-tech] Arduino and serial I/O

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Sat Sep 8 18:09:10 PDT 2012

On Sat, 8 Sep 2012, dabigboy at cox.net wrote:

> After many sleepless nights and probably 20+ hours of tearing my hair
> out over this, I have for now completely given up and am using one
> Arduino for each task....for instance, right now I have one Uno that
> does nothing but read two rotary encoders. I will have another one that
> does nothing but drive 3 or 4 analog gauges. At $15 per board (good deal
> on some decent-quality clones on ebay), it's simply not worth my time
> and frustration to try to do multiple tasks with one board.

Matt, post your code so I can take a look at it.  I've done bi-directional
work with the Arduino and there's no trick to it.

BTW, I recently read about a really slick bit of software:

http://generichid.sourceforge.net/

It runs on Linux or Windows and will use a Teensy++ 2.0 board -
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html.  This would work in place of
something like Leo Bodnar's board.

Buying desktop hardware and installing a server OS doesn't make a
server-class system any more than sitting in a puddle makes you a duck.
[Cipher in a.s.r]