[simpits-tech] Using Virtual Box

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Mon May 7 18:03:40 PDT 2012

---- Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I just added a post to my blog about using Virtual Box from Sun/Oracle.
<snip>

Yep, me and my Linux buddy at work have been using VB for a little while now. It's great for testing out Windows apps or doing cross-platform development. He was using it to test out Vista, XP, and Win7 clients with a Linux domain controller.

I use it mostly for running my old and trusty Paint Shop Pro 7 software. But if you get into anything requiring serious graphics performance or hardware-accelerated graphics, virtualization is not going to serve you well.

Matt