[simpits-tech] Using Virtual Box

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Mon May 7 03:15:42 PDT 2012

Hey guys,
I just added a post to my blog about using Virtual Box from Sun/Oracle.
I found that Libre Office paragraph numbering was more that a little
flaky. So I tried to get Ventua Publisher to work under Windows 7.
After numerous attempts, and screwing around with computability mode, I
remembered that I had Virtual Box installed as I had to write some
Android code. So I fired up Virtual Box and created a new machine and
installed XPpro, my black edition, in about 10 or 15 minutes.. and then
shared my windows 7 file system on XP (they show up as network drives),
and then loaded Ventura...
Life is now good..  I just wish Ventura could read my odt files... Oh I
was day dreaming.

Now saying all this why...

well instead of building a new machine to run your radio/radar subsystem
just build a Virtual Computer...

Cris H.
phoenixcomm.wordpress.com
phoenixaerospace.us