[simpits-tech] New vids!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Mar 30 08:24:35 PDT 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, dabigboy at cox.net wrote:

>> I can post the Eagle files if you want them.  I paid $103 about a year ago
>> to have 16 of them made by Gold Phoenix.
>
> I'm interested too.......I don't know much about board design, but I
> would be happy to send some documentation to a board builder for
> $100'ish to get enough driver boards for my sim. I am just getting into
> Arduino with an Uno, It seems the way to go....VERY cheap, and very
> versatile.

Matt, check out http://geneb.simpits.org - I re-posted what I put on
another forum and I've included a zip file that has all the Eagle & gerber
files.  You must pay VERY close attention to wiring between the Centipede
and the driver board!  The Centipede uses a 20 pin connector - it provides
2 common pins on pins 1 & 2 and 2 ground pins on pins 19 & 20.  The driver
board is designed such that pins 1..16 are input pins and pins 17 & 18 are
ground pins.  This means that you need to make sure that pin 3 on the
Centipede connector points to pin #1 on the driver board.  Unfortunately
I've been unable to find 18 pin ribbon cable connectors, so I used 20 pin
connectors for the test rig.  I've got actual crimp connectors for when
it's actually built out, but those are spendy.  (The connector bodies are
dirt cheap, they get you on the crimp sockets!)

Buying desktop hardware and installing a server OS doesn't make a
server-class system any more than sitting in a puddle makes you a duck.
[Cipher in a.s.r]