[simpits-tech] New vids!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Mar 29 08:46:28 PDT 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Roy Coates wrote:

> Very cool, as always.
>
> Please tell me more about those driver boards!  For my last project I used
> 4 (yes, FOUR) phidget 16's to drive lamps'n'stuff and that gets expensive
> very quickly in the UK.

That's one of the reasons I designed the boards - the other is that the
Phidget output boards are sink, not source devices.  You can't pull much
power through them either or you'll burn 'em up.

The board is simply 16 driver sets consisting of a pair of resistors, a
2N3904 transistor and a TIP-125 darlington transistor.  The 2N3904 takes
a 5v input to turn on the TIP-125.  The board uses two power busses in
order to allow you to have two source voltages on the same board if
needed.

I can post the Eagle files if you want them.  I paid $103 about a year ago
to have 16 of them made by Gold Phoenix.

Buying desktop hardware and installing a server OS doesn't make a
server-class system any more than sitting in a puddle makes you a duck.
[Cipher in a.s.r]