[simpits-tech] B-52 50th anniversary

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 21:14:24 PDT 2012

I dont remember if I forwarded the info here. This saturday we are having a B-52 flyover at the Kansas Aviation Museum in honor of the 50th anniversary of the last B-52 produced in Wichita. More activites  are as follows,
  The KansasAviationMuseum's B-52 Stratofortress 50th Anniversary Celebration

JUNE 22-24 2012
The world’s newest B-52 turns 50!

On June 22, 1962– 50 years ago - the final Boeing B-52 Stratofortress rolled of the assembly line at Boeing Wichita, marking a significant chapter in Wichita’s aircraft manufacturing history. Celebrate with us!

Event activities and exhibits.

	* B-52 SIGNATURE LEGACY EXHIBIT.
This real B-52 cockpit is configured to represent Wichita’s last manufactured B-52. We invite all former and present Boeing B-52 production crew, Boeing support crew, Air Force pilots, and Air Force ground crew to autograph the legacy panel on the sides of the cockpit.

The cockpit is also a functional simulator, making it the world’s only operational publicly accessible B-52 simulator. Fly a simulated takeoff from McConnell AFB. Advance reservations for simulator time required at 316-683-9242

	* VIETNAM B-52 COCKPIT RESTORATION UNVEILING
For three days only, stairs will be positioned to allow museum visitors to see inside the museum’s huge B-52D Stratofortress.

	* B-52 HISTORY EXHIBIT
See B-52 artifacts on temporary exhibit inside the museum and discover Wichita’s remarkable B-52 manufacturing history.

	* THE KANSAS AVIATION MUSEUM’S BOEING ROOM
View artifacts from the Boeing B-52 radar testing range that previously operated on what is now the museum’s west property grounds.

	* CONTROL TOWER
Visit the museum’s historic control tower for a bird’s eye view of the buildings at Boeing and Spirit where the B-52’s were manufactured.

	* JUNE 23rd GLOBAL STIKE COMMAND COMMERATIVE FLY-BY
Watch an Air Force B-52H fly over McConnell AFB in honor of the home where all B-52H's made their first flights.

The KansasAviationMuseum3350
South George Washington Blvd., Wichita, KS67210

Phone 316-683-9242
Admission prices: Adults - $8.00, Seniors 65+ - $7.00, Children 4-12 - $6.00, 3 and under complimentary.
All admission prices per person + tax.

http://www.simadventure.com/