[simpits-tech] Brainstorming a static & pitot system

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Wed Jan 25 07:31:30 PST 2012

Thanks for the idea. I actually had thought of something along those lines: making a much smaller reservoir, with a piston poking into it that is connected to a servo. I hadn't thought of a syringe though, that would work even better. My main concern is that the relatively short throw of the servo (and necessarily, the large effect that even small movements of the syringe) would make, would cause erratic or imprecise gauge movements. I'd also need a hefty servo (I think?) to put enough force on the syringe. It's worth a try though.......I may give this a shot for the pitot system, it would basically cut the complexity and parts count in half if it works out. Thanks!

Matt