[simpits-tech] Another ebay find......future X-Plane GPS :)

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Tue Feb 28 20:41:36 PST 2012

---- Roberto Waltman <fsim at rwaltman.com> wrote:
> Gene Buckle wrote:
>
>  > You might want to look at building something around this:
> http://www.sparkfun.com/products/11075
>
> Interesting.  This one may be more cumbersome to program and mount, but
> you can get a full Linux system with a slightly smaller touchscreen for
> ~30 dollars less:  http://www.mini-box.com/ARM-Systems (pico)
> Or a larger screen for ~20 dollars more. (mini-2440)

Oh my, that does look nice. I only really need the board itself...I have a PS1 LCD that I will use for the display. Main issue with it is I have to use a component (RCA) connection, but the slightly low-quality image should go well with the old-school 80s look I'm going for, what with the Gables analog radios and all.

Thanks for the links, guys!

Matt