[simpits-tech] Image warping (Was: Frustration!)

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 20:28:56 PST 2012

On 2/18/2012 2:35 AM, dabigboy at cox.net wrote:
> Oh my goodness! That is extremely cool...heck I could stick one of these in each radio if I needed to, and make my radios stand-alone PCs....crazy! And cheap, AND it runs Linux....oh yes I am definitely getting one. Thanks for the link Gene!
>
> Matt
>
> ---- Gene Buckle<geneb at deltasoft.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2012, dabigboy at cox.net wrote:
>>
>>> Nice! It appears to be a little less than 3.5" and square, which is
>>> almost perfect for single glass instruments (HSI, attitude indicator,
>>> etc). I am reaching a point where I can make so many real gauges, I
>>> don't have room to fit my 15" monitor behind the instrument panel
>>> anymore. This might be a solution......I will still try to scrounge up
>>> an old radar though. I want it to look/be real...IOW, I want someone to
>>> be able to look right at the radar bezel and buttons, touch it and use
>>> it, and not be able to tell the difference between mine and a real one.
>>> :)
>> You guys should check out the Raspberry Pi.  IT's a full-featured GP
>> computer for $35.  http://www.raspberrypi.org
>>
>> g.
>>
>> --
>> Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
>> http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.
>> http://www.diy-cockpits.org/coll - Go Collimated or Go Home.
>> Some people collect things for a hobby.  Geeks collect hobbies.
>>
>> ScarletDME - The red hot Data Management Environment
>> A Multi-Value database for the masses, not the classes.
>> http://www.scarletdme.org - Get it _today_!
>>
>> Buying desktop hardware and installing a server OS doesn't make a
>> server-class system any more than sitting in a puddle makes you a duck.
>> [Cipher in a.s.r]
Im going to pick one up myself .. but my radios are in one Gables 5 in
one unit thats 3 comms, 2 navs..
the interface is ARINC410
(http://phoenixcomm.wordpress.com/projects/airinc-410/) which i designed
a interface for the Aruino parallel ports.. this solution does not
require any change to the radio head! As an engineer I hate to redevelop
the wheel.. lol my adapter is only on paper as I have been caught short
for cash and was looking into using a Xilinx part to get rid of all the
gates... I will try and put enough info up in my blog to show one
channel. my unit will handle lots of radios, 5 bits of data per head +
power, + dial lamps, dme lights, etc. also when you read the radio you
also see the power switch..
each radio also has volume control out puts all 3 wires so you can do
you own thing.. what I have planed is a network radio connection  with
its output (may just use one computer with lots of audio adapters in
it.. then all the outputs goes through the radio head(s) and to a unity
gain mixer then to a little amp and to speakers or headphones.. oh yes
you most likely like a second output off the mixer to the 'data
recorder'....

enjoy
Cris H.
phoenixcomm.wordpress.com