[simpits-tech] Image warping (Was: Frustration!)

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Feb 17 17:07:30 PST 2012

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012, dabigboy at cox.net wrote:

> X-Plane, of course. :) The Linux build has become very mature....heck, Austin develops on OSX on a Mac, which is much closer to Linux than to Windows anyway. X-Plane runs flawlessly on Linux now, and performance is wonderful.
>
> For instruments and driving Phidgets etc I'm using software I wrote
> myself in Python + OpenGL. Incidentally, I've just dived into my
> instrument software again as of last night....I am writing weather radar
> software which will grab the radar image from X-Plane to reflect the
> actual weather patterns, while also offering more features (like
> adjustable range) and a realistic "sweep" pattern instead of the
> fanciful real-time weather display which X-Plane has had for years. :)
> Last night I got the sweeper display working. Plan is to cannibalize an
> old broken radar display unit out of a real plane and use its
> buttons/knobs etc with a PS2 LCD inside it to render weather.

I'd like to see that code some time. I've got a box full of Phidgets that
I haven't done anything with.

The only hang-up I have with XP is you need to use three instances to get
three projectors worth of accurate output.

Buying desktop hardware and installing a server OS doesn't make a
server-class system any more than sitting in a puddle makes you a duck.
[Cipher in a.s.r]