[simpits-tech] Pedals are in......

Ben Jones bjones at pipecomp.com.au
Sat Apr 28 16:27:50 PDT 2012

Aircraft don't need brakes to fly  :)
Ben

Thanks! Yep, I was a bit surprised at the simplicity (and, frankly, the
flimsiness) of this rudder system. It's a bit unnerving to see that it
would only take the failure of a single bolt to disable one of the
brakes.... =O

I think it took me all of 45 minutes to actually align and mount the
pedals into my custom frame.

Today I flew a Cessna 150 and I had a peek behind the pedals after
parking...sure enough, it appears to be exactly the same setup. There was
the little bolt and nut assembly to secure the pedal to its attachment
shaft, and the mounting angles and dimensions of the pedals appear to be
the same (though I am guessing the two sets of pedals are closer together
on the 150 vs the 172RG that my pedals came from).

Matt