[simpits-tech] It's stuff like this that kills me...

Brian Sikkema brian at sikkema.us
Tue Apr 24 15:13:03 PDT 2012

On 4/25/2012 5:54 AM, Roy Coates wrote:

> Chances are you'd get the lot for $150.  Keep one, weigh in the rest
> as scrap alloy and make a few bucks.

That $150 is the starting bid. In my experience the scrap metal guys are
already well aware of this lot, and it will go for scrap metal prices by
the time all is said and done. I had the same thoughts once about a lot
of aircraft wheels, I figured I'd buy them up cheap and scrap them. I
was shocked for how much they ended up going for. Make no mistake, Gene
is probably the only guy looking at this auction thinking "Cool! F-15
ladders!" Everyone else just sees a big pile of metal.

Brian