[simpits-tech] Small CRTs (Was: Just a quick update.........)

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Thu Apr 12 16:52:09 PDT 2012

---- Gene Buckle <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> Just be aware that a pc keyboard does not use a diode isolated switch
> matrix, so you'll only be able to hold 3 or 4 "keys" down at once before
> the keyboard stops responding to inputs.

Yep, I'd noticed that. That's why I've only ever considered it for the FMS or another keypad'ish task, where I will probably never be pressing more than one button at a time.

I do seem to recall coming across some USB keyboards recently that could handle a ton of inputs at once, have you noticed this? I'll have to check the one on my radar PC next time I fire it up.

Matt