[simpits-tech] need displays...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Apr 9 18:50:48 PDT 2012

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012, Joseph Fagner wrote:

> Gene, send me a picture of these.  I believe I have some like that but not sure
> if they are the exact type/size you are looking for.  They are sitting in my
> parts drawer and you are welcome to them if they will work for you.  I won't
> ever use them.

Awesome Jay, thanks!

Here's what the display assembly looks like
http://www.geneb.org/images/7seg-disp1.jpg
http://www.geneb.org/images/7seg-disp2.jpg
http://www.geneb.org/images/7seg-disp3.jpg

The way it's wired requires 9 7seg to bcd chips.

It appears they way they built it was to glue in the pcb, then mount all
the displays and then finally the 64 pin connector.  I'd like to be able
to use a single Maxim 7 segment driver chip with them, but I suspect it
would take a week of work just to recover the parts from the board. :)

The displays are about .300" high.

Buying desktop hardware and installing a server OS doesn't make a
server-class system any more than sitting in a puddle makes you a duck.
[Cipher in a.s.r]