[simpits-tech] Common aviation gauges that are air-core?

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Thu Apr 5 22:03:07 PDT 2012

---- Roberto Waltman <fsim at rwaltman.com> wrote:
> On 4/5/2012 2:39 PM, dabigboy at cox.net wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure I can use PWM with the Arduino and skip having to make a DAC.
>
> PWM with a low pass filter *is* a DAC.

Interesting, I assumed there was some more complex sort of magic involved that would yield a true analog signal...I had to look up "low pass filter". :) Looks nice and simple, actually! Although so far I don't think I'll need it, my flap indicator is moving smoothly and evenly with just straight PWM. Good to know for the future, though!

Matt