[simpits-tech] Common aviation gauges that are air-core?

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Thu Apr 5 11:39:16 PDT 2012

---- Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:

> QUESTION?? Why hack something up, when you dont have to.
> ANSWER: if its a volt meter drive a voltmeter.. btw NOT with pwm.. just
> voltage..

Oh I totally agree, the idea is to *not* hackerize the instruments, that's why I'm trying to figure out how they work. I'm pretty sure I can use PWM with the Arduino and skip having to make a DAC. The air core certainly responds well to this approach.

> about the photos... the idea was to take pictures of the parts with the
> writing on it.. so I could read it..

I can barely see the numbers on the bigger can, so I just typed the numbers out and put them in my last post. Is there some more info you need that would be helpful?

Matt