[simpits-tech] ADF indicator/synchro update

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Wed Apr 4 22:47:13 PDT 2012

OK fellas, I got some more details (and pics) on that ADF indicator we were discussing a couple days ago.

First, the pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfamatt/7047008129/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfamatt/7047008107/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfamatt/7047008103/in/photostream

I found something interesting: the larger "can" says it's a goniometer.......now the concept of a goniometer is simple enough, but how to drive/read it as built for an aircraft instrument? I do not know. Or could it be just another synchro in use as a resolver, and King just called it a goniometer because it falls under the broad definition of a goniometer?

Here are the skinnies:

Type: KI-22500
Part no: 066-3017-00

Big synchro: KR 148-0016-00
Scot P/N: 11HCW5-001
Goniometer

Small synchro(?): KR 148-5002-01
Scot P/N: 10SM5-001
12v 175hz SM (this threw me off...does not sound like a standard aircraft synchro)

I may yet end up sticking a stepper motor in this thing, but it would sure be awesome if I could make it work as-is.

Matt