[simpits-tech] Soldering how-to

raysot at comcast.net raysot at comcast.net
Mon Oct 10 16:34:29 PDT 2011

Forgot to add: Cutting leads: I use Nippers.

http://media.digikey.com/photos/Swanstrom%20Photos/S491E.jpg

Reason being is that normal wire cutters have angled cutting surfaces on both sides of the cutting area.. This can translate into mechanical shock into the component. (Especially worrisome with germanium diodes)

The ones shown have a flat outer cutting area with the cutting angle located on the inside surface, so the cutting shock is directed away from the component.