[simpits-tech] ATC-510 Simulator

Roberto Waltman fsim at rwaltman.com
Wed May 25 08:39:54 PDT 2011

Bill Kaufman wrote:
> I am looking at buying an old ATC-510 desktop simulator and retrofitting
> the controls to a more modern control system. Has anyone worked with one
> of these in the past and can share some experiences with these units?

Great minds think alike. ;)
I am (not) doing the same - after an initial burst of activity my project
has been dormant for a long time.
The basic plan was to use as much as possible of 510's mechanics, gauges,
etc., while discarding all the electronics and replace them with a few
microcontroller boards with an USB interface to the PC running the
simulator. Can exchange more detailed notes later.

--
Roberto Waltman.