[simpits-tech] collimated display progress...

Rick Davis rd at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun May 1 18:54:17 PDT 2011

> > We still haven't contacted SEOS/Rockwell-Collins to find out if they'll
> grant hobbyists a free license for the features their patents cover.  If
> they don't want to grant a free license, then no plans will be made
> available, sorry!

Guys. I've had patents, and I have patents. Canada, USA and International.
Don't worry about these things. A patent is only valuable for protection
against someone stealing your idea (plans) for commercial gain. I can
reverse engineer as many Blackberries as I like in my basement, as long as I
am not trying to sell them.

And oddly, all patent details are kept under wrap, untill they are approved.
Then everyone has access to all the very fine details of it all. Use them,
play with them, improve them as you will, just don't go about selling the
technology unless you are certain you have improved it by at least 25%.
Them's the rules.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in on the patent thing. Don't worry about it.
At all.