[simpits-tech] collimated display progress...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun May 1 16:45:19 PDT 2011

On Sun, 1 May 2011, Roy Coates wrote:

> On 1 May 2011 15:35, Gene Buckle <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Pic taken last night:
>>
>> http://www.geneb.org/images/framework_gene.jpg
>>
>> The assembly went as easily as I'd hoped.  With any luck, we'll be able to
>> start work on the new screen & support "spider" this coming weekend.
>>

> As always - very awesome stuff.  Look forward to seeing the completed
> system.

Thanks.  Wayne has done a great job in making it easy to put together.
With the exception of a few WTF? moments, it's been very smooth.

I loved the look on his face when we got the framework on the table.  It's
really hitting home how much space it's going to eat up.  There's one
thing to "know" by sterile measurment and something else entirely when
it's in your face. :)  He figures he'll have 6" of clearance between the
projectors and the ceiling in his office.  I'm glad I don't have such
issues. *laughs*

The other interesting part to the project will be putting together a
suitable cockpit once this monster is finished. :)

by the clean end.