[simpits-tech] Air-core driver (Was: Arduino, Part Deaux...)

Roberto Waltman fsim at rwaltman.com
Thu Mar 3 13:48:11 PST 2011

On Tue, February 22, 2011 5:08 pm, raysot at comcast.net wrote:

> Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet I guess.
>
> Now, for the serial plan... What I hope for is to have a single data line
> shared by all CS4122 chips , with multiple CLK lines. (One per chip)

No, that would be the wrong omelet.

The SPI way is one data line to all chips, (or chain of chips,) one clock
line to all chips, and one CS *per* chip.

Only the chip that has an active CS will accept the data, all others will
ignore it.

(And again, if you have different chips, CS may be active high for some
and active low for others.)

See the wikipedia page I pointed to before and a few links from it.

--
Roberto Waltman