[simpits-tech] Need some Serial Communications help....

Roberto Waltman fsim at rwaltman.com
Thu Mar 3 13:14:00 PST 2011

raysot at comcast.net wrote:
> I've attached my timing diagram.. hopefully it will go through.

I did.

> So perhaps I need to reverse my data stream and send my MSB first?

I believe so. Page 6 in the data sheet, immediately below Table-2:

"The 12 bits are shifted into the device’s shift register MSB
first using a SPI compatible scheme."

Hopefully that's all that is wrong. The timing diagram looks OK, (but of
course, is impossible to judge if the data hold and setup times are met.)

I would also use a very low clock rate at the beginning, in particular if
you have long wires between the controller and the '4122.

You can always increase the speed after it is working OK.

--
Roberto Waltman