[simpits-tech] Need some Serial Communications help....

raysot at comcast.net raysot at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 10:02:46 PST 2011

(Was: Aircore gauges and Arduino)

So, I have the Arduino set up and spitting out a datastream (See image  link below)

I'm using a CS4122 chip: (http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/on_semiconductor/CS4122-D.PDF)

This link is my timing diagram.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22535032/SerialData.jpg

I am successful in sending data but the gauge doesn't interpret correctly.. (Basically it just moves to random position on every 2nd cycle of the CS signal.)

This leads me to believe that I'm missing something... like a start/stop semaphore or some sort of parity bit(?)

If anyone has a few moments to look these docs over, I could use some help!

Thanks, everyone
Ray