[simpits-tech] project update...

dabigboy at cox.net dabigboy at cox.net
Thu Jun 30 22:34:51 PDT 2011

Great stuff Gene, it's looking great! Question: what are you doing about screen warping to handle the pin-cushion effect? Forgive me if this was discussed in an earlier post, up until now my main interest has been in the geometry and basic theory behind your rig. I'm just now getting into this myself, planning a somewhat simpler setup using a flat-white spherical projection screen with three projectors pointing at it directly (saw it last week in an AS350 heli sim at FlightSafety, which renewed my interest in this simple and somewhat more forgiving approach). I believe you would have the same kind of correction since you are rear-projecting onto that curved "little" screen.

How's your performance in X-Plane at such large resolutions required to drive the TH2Go on three displays?

Matt