[simpits-tech] Modeling software...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Jun 9 07:17:58 PDT 2011

I discovered a new parametric modeling tool from AutoDesk this morning
called 123D.  I think they've taken a page from the Dassault Systems
DraftSight handbook because 123D is _free_.

>From what I can tell, it's essentially a very easy to use version of
Inventor.  It includes the main (important!) features of Inventor
including creating assemblies.  Check it out:

http://www.123dapp.com/

If I can figure out how to export flat patterns out of this thing,
SketchUp is going to hit the round file. :)

by the clean end.