[simpits-tech] Display walk-around.

Brian Sikkema brian at sikkema.us
Wed Jun 8 05:40:32 PDT 2011

> The current setup requires nearly the full draw of the Fein Turbo III dust
> collector that I'm using and even with my 60gal air compressor going full
> tilt, I can't approach that amount of volume.  The Fein will pull a 105"
> water column which is roughly equivalent to about 8in HG.
Just spitballing here, but IIRC there's a fair amount of space behind
the mirror, no? It seems if you could reduce that volume that maybe your
vacuum requirements would be eased.

Just thinking about our sim and how the mirror is set up, and the
backing behind it matches the shape of the mirror pretty closely. I'm
sure there are multiple reasons, but it stands to reason that one of
them is to minimize the amount of volume you're drawing the vacuum on.

Food for thought.

Brian